Monday 11 February 2013

Week 22: The Week of 100 New Years, With Love

With the 100th Day, Valentine's Day and Lunar New Year all in one week, we're changing our week around slightly.  We will have different centres each day of this week, with the whole class participating, rather than our colour groups.

Books We Read
Ms. Bindergarten Celebrates the 100th Day
Wolf's Chicken Stew
Chicka Chicka 123
In The Library
Teatime in Space
Frog and the Stranger

Song of the Week
Valentine's Day
Valentine, Valentine, Valentine's Day.
The day that I'm sending a letter to say
I love you!
Yes, I do!
Hope you will send me a Valentine, too!

Made you a Valentine, made it today
For you are my friend and I wanted to say
I love you!
Yes, I do!
Hope you will send me a Valentine, too!

Here is the postman, a Valentine came,
All tied with a ribbon and signed with your name!
I love you!
Yes, I do!
Hope you will send me a Valentine, too!


100th Day Activities

We created 100 Dots painting using our awesome Pointalism techniques.  Ten colours, ten sections, ten dots in each section!

We used 100s grids and Fruit-Os to create necklaces with 100 pieces of cereal!

We learned that 10 groups of 10 make 100!

Lunar New Year
Using our snakes, our songs, and red ribbon for "Dragon Fire", we walked through the halls of Jackman, singing out Chinese New Year Parade song.

Valentine's Day
Using paper bags, foam heart, glitter hearts, fuzzy hearts, crayons and magic markers, we created Valentine Bags for the Valentine Cards that people brought in on Friday.

Substituting paper bags for construction paper, we made Valentine cards for a special person at home, whether it was a mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, brother, sister or pet.

We had words like love, hugs, happy, friends and Valentine posted on our wall so we could try to use these words in our cards if we wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment